Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Get Out!

This blog is coming to you from a mom who (sadly admits) to cleaning before playing, too spending way too much time on the computer and who can not leave the house without a shower! Today I broke all my rules! Yes, even the shower. I not only survived. I have lived to blog about it!


I just had one of those perfectly unplanned days that make you take a deep breath and appreciate all the wonders around you. And since the wonderful world is the motivation for this "buy nothing new" challenge I am going to share my day with you.

Yesterday began as any other day with the am coffee and clean up the house routine. Then I received a message from Amy she said something about the best time to call her back and that she was headed to the beach. My little one who had been listening looked up at me with the most beautiful eyes (full of wonder) and said "where is Amy going"? She knew what she had heard but this is her new coy way of asking "me too, mommy?' She especially uses this when she is sure that the answer is "no way". To my surprise (and hers) I said "yes".

We cleaning the house together. They were so motivated with the idea of a beach day that they cleaned (and sang). This alone should be celebrated but this is just the beginning of our amazing day.

We packed the car with any snack and drinks we could find and headed to the beach. The drive of 20 min was filled with happy chatter! The day was warm but not hot. This did not stop the girls. They were in the water within 2 min and played until they were so cold they could not argue with the idea of a hot bath (at home).

So my message today is GET OUT ...OUTSIDE THAT IS!!! Enjoy this great earth no matter where you live. Get the kids jackets on and take them for a nature walk. Let them play on the sand (even if you are cold). Enjoy!

thank you dr. king for making the world better and for the day off school to enjoy it!
Posted by jessica at 1:23 PM 0 comments Links to this post

2 comments:

  1. Ok so.... Along with Ale, iz and Jessica, I am trying to be greener. When Liz told me about this idea I laughed! NOTHING NEW???? Are you kidding me, I am a self proclaimed shopaholic I can't go a week! Well guess what! I can.(to my husbands delite) I'm not going to say I haven't shopped but it's been at consignment stores, and thrift shops. I already have a bag full of clothes that I'm consigning.
    There's this great dare I say posh consignment store in SLO. It's has really nice stuff and yes it's a little pricy but much better than new. They even had fur coats if thats your thing. Another stoer I visited was in Solvang and it was really nice too. I got some boots that I saw online for arounf 250$ for only 50$ and they were already broken in! I mean HELLO!!!! How cool is that.
    So the point that I'm trying to make is that even something as small as recycling clothes makes a differnce. Hey I'm not saying I'm going to change the world, but I can help by doing my part, and I do it looking damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    What a great post and a great realization on your part. How wonderful for your sweet girls to spend a wonderful day outside and enjoying the beautiful beach with their mom and friends. I love following your blog.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete