Friday, January 9, 2009

Guilty Concious...

OK, so a couple have things have happened that have made me contemplate my commitment and made me realize just how big a thing I've taken on!

I want to change my life, I want to make the world a better place for my children, and I want to make my life simpler. I keep telling myself these things because they are true and because hopefully they will help me keep on track and remind me why I'm doing this!

Tonight after dinner a friend asked me if I wanted to go get a frozen yogurt and of course I did so right away I said yes. Then I realized that I would have to bring it home in some sort of container so I said I couldn't. After contemplating the situation I decided to bring my own container and then I would still be following the rules and yet enjoying something sweet at the same time! :) Well long story short they wouldn't allow me to use my container and instead of not getting anything I chose to use there, dare I say it, STYROFOAM! Before I did it, while I was doing it and even now, I feel guilty about it! The whole point of this year is to create less waste, to do things conscious of their effects on the world around me, and I let myself get something in styrofoam! If it had been in a recyclable container I don't think I would have felt guilty about it for a prolong period of time. Only problem is I am conscious of what styrofoam does to the environment, I know that it doesn't decompose and all this knowledge is a constant reminder of why I made the pact that I did! It's little things like this that keep reminding me that I need to stay committed and when in doubt go with my gut and choose to live a greener life! I knew going into this year it wouldn't be easy, yet I also knew I would be able to make a diffrence. So I will continue forward with the knowledge that now when I'm pushed I will be that much stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment